It’s Wednesday, May 22, 2019, and we’re getting ready for another exciting edition of Washington Watch with Tony Perkins, where each day we’re joined by America’s leaders, policy makers, and culture-shapers as we talk about the important issues of the day from a biblical worldview. Listen here live at 5:05 p.m. ET.
Today we’ll hear from:
- Brad Wilcox, Director of the National Marriage Project, on a new report finding that religious couples have happier marriages.
- Ted Cruz, U.S. Senator from Texas, on his demand that Yale Law School hand over documents that explain the school’s alleged discrimination against Christian students. The senator will also discuss his remarks today calling out Iran’s religious persecution.
- Phil Bryant, Governor of Mississippi, on a pro-abortion lower court judge who said the state’s latest pro-life law “smacks of defiance” for enacting the will of the people through their duly elected representatives over and against his unilateral decision to block down a similar pro-life law passed last year.
- Register now for Values Voter Summit to obtain the early-bird discount!
- Track the signatures on the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act discharge petition to see if your Representative has signed!
- Show your support for the life of all babies born alive by sending a baby hat to Congress!
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch!
- Follow Tony Perkins on Twitter: @tperkins