It’s Tuesday, June 18, 2019, and we’re getting ready for another exciting edition of Washington Watch with Tony Perkins, where each day we’re joined by America’s leaders, policy makers, and culture-shapers as we talk about the important issues of the day from a biblical worldview. Listen here live at 5:05 p.m. ET.
Today we’ll hear from:
- Denise Harle, Legal Counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, the Christian legal firm representing a student athlete in Connecticut who lost her chance at a scholarship when she was forced to compete against biological males who identified as female.
- Kelly Shackelford, President and Chief Counsel of First Liberty Institute, on the Supreme Court tossing out the Oregon Court of Appeals’ ruling against Aaron and Melissa Klein, Christian bakers who declined to create a cake for a same-sex “wedding,” and ordering the lower court to re-hear the case from the beginning, specifically in light of the 2018 Masterpiece Cakeshop ruling.
- Peter Sprigg, Senior Fellow for Policy Studies at Family Research Council, on California legislation banning professional counselors from helping minors struggling against same-sex attractions.
- Rebecca Friedrichs, Author of “Standing up to Goliath: Battling State and National Teachers’ Unions for the Heart and Soul of Our Kids and Country,” on the California Teachers’ Association trying to pass off SPLC propaganda as “anti-bullying” curriculum.
- Show your support for the life of all babies born alive by sending a baby hat to Congress!
- Check out FRC’s new publication, “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors: Just the Facts.”
- Track the signatures on the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act discharge petition to see if your Representative has signed!
- Register now for Values Voter Summit, October 11-13!
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch!
- Follow Tony Perkins on Twitter: @tperkins